Tenant FAQ
Rent is to be kept in advance at all times. For example: If the rent period is 10/6/09 to 17/06/09. Rent is due to be paid before the 17/06/09, allowing for internet transfer period.
If you are going to be late with your payment please contact your Property Manager Immediately.
If you have not paid the full rent amount due on a particular day as agreed under the terms of the tenancy agreement, and that amount has remained unpaid for a period of at least 7 days, a ‘Notice to Remedy Breach’ (Rent Arrears) may be given.If you default during your tenancy, including rental arrears, and owe an amount over the bond then your details may be lodged on a default tenancy database such as Tenancy Information Centre of Australia (TICA).

You will be reimbursed if the repair is classed as an emergency repair. “Routine repairs” are repairs that are not emergency repairs. Emergency Repairs are classified as:

  1. a burst water service;
  2. a blocked or broken lavatory system;
  3. a serious roof leak;
  4. a gas leak;
  5. a dangerous electrical fault;
  6. flooding or serious flood damage;
  7. serious storm, fire or impact damage;
  8. a failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply to the premises;
  9. a failure or breakdown of an essential service or appliance on premises for hot water, cooking or heating;
  10. a fault or damage that makes premises unsafe or insecure;
  11. a fault or damage likely to injure a person, damage property or unduly inconvenience a resident of the premises;
  12. a serious fault in a staircase, lift or other common area for the premises that unduly inconveniences a resident in gaining access to or using the premises.

For non urgent matters, please email your Property Manager.

For urgent matters, please call the office (3456 4240) and identify that you have an emergency that requires attention and provide details of this. You should always attempt to contact the office for any repairs however, if there is an emergency repair required and it is outside of office hours, please contact the following trades people.

Electrical – Evergreen Electrical PH: 1300 353 232 l
Plumbing – FlowOn Services PH: 0478 112 838
Locksmith – STO Property Maintenance Ph: 1300 183 796

All maintenance requests must be in writing. You may use the online maintenance request form, or send us an email regarding the request at reception@bestproperty4u.com.au or you can fax or post your request to us using the maintenance request form which can be downloaded from this site.
If you loose the keys to your home or they are stolen, please immediately contact your Property Manager to advice of this and make suitable arrangements for locks to be replaced using the office Locksmith (contact ). You will be liable for the replacement costs.
If you change any of the locks on the premises, it is your responsibility to forward a copy to us and also hand in any keys which you have had cut when you vacate.
If you lock your keys inside your home during business hours, please contact your Property Manager to arrange a loan set, which can be used for immediate access and then must be returned. If you lock your keys inside your home outside of office hours, you will need to arrange for a locksmith to gain entry, at your expense. On the next business day you must advice the office of this and provide a replacement spare set of keys to them.
No. Most owners have Building Insurance but this does not include insurance on their tenant’s belongings. Tenants are encouraged to take out their own contents insurance to cover this.

As part of our service to your landlord, the property will be inspected once every three months. You would have received a notice because by law we are required to provide this seven (7) days prior to entering the property. We will have a look at the condition of the property to ensure everything is in order. It is also an ideal time for us to check on any maintenance repairs that may be needed so if you have anything you would like to bring to our attention please leave us a note or call us before the inspection.

Please feel free to be in attendance at these inspections, however if you are not present we will use our set of keys to gain entry. You must advise if you have an alarm and its’ code and if you have a dog it must be secured.

You need to provide us with two (2) weeks written notice prior to you vacating the property, but not less than the expiry of your tenancy. We will contact you in advance of your lease term expiring to see if you wish to renew.

If we are providing you with notice to vacate we will provide you a ‘Notice to Leave’ (Form 12). If you are providing notice of your intention to vacate you will need to provide us with a ‘Notice of Intention to Leave’ (Form 13) and provide two weeks notice.

You should ensure the following are addressed prior to the last day of your notice period:

  • CLEANING: A cleaning checklist will be forwarded to you in advance. To ensure that you receive as much of your Bond back as possible we encourage you to use this checklist and thoroughly clean the property. The property must be returned as received with wear and tear taking into consideration.
  • CARPET CLEANING & PEST CONTROL: The carpets must be professional cleaned when you vacate. This needs to be done before the last day of your lease and you must provide us with the receipt from a professional company indicated this work has been completed. If you have pets inside you are required to also deodorise your carpets.In addition, some leased may also note the requirement for Pest Control to be undertaken on vacation. Again, this must be carried out by licensed and professional company and a receipt provided. These costs are tenants costs and not refundable by the landlord.
  • MAIL: Check your letterbox and arrange a redirection on your mail.
  • RENT: Continue to pay rent through until the last date of your notice period even if you move out prior to this date. If you break your lease you are responsible for Break Lease costs and rent until a new tenancy is secured.
  • KEYS: On vacating day please forward all keys to us.

At the end of the lease, before handing over the keys, you need to complete an ‘Exit Condition Report’ (Form 14a); and arrange for the bond to be returned by completing and signing a ‘Refund of Rental Bond’ (Form 4).

At the end of the lease you must complete and sign a ‘Refund of Rental Bond’ (Form 4). We will also complete our section of this form and also sign it, lodging it with the RTA for processing. As we complete the form we will contact you to discuss any bond we will be making a claim for such as damages or unpaid rent.

If we agree on the bond refund amount then the RTA will process the claim and issue you a refund directly. You can nominate to have your bond refunded directly into your bank account which is the quickest way to receive it.

If we disagree on the bond refund amount, we can lodge separate forms indicating our claim amount. The RTA will process the first form it receives and will send a Notice of Claim to all other parties who have not signed the form and pay out any amount that is not in dispute between the parties. ‘A Dispute Resolution Request’ (Form 16) will be included, and the other parties will have 14 days from the date of the notice to advise the RTA what action they wish to take.

Should the dispute not be settled then the matter will be referred to the Small Claims Tribunal.